Thursday, January 15, 2015

D.I. (slice 2)

I can’t believe how far we have come. In just half a year I have constructed a 2”*2”8” structure made out of balsa wood and glue that can hold around 800 pounds. We also made a skit involving a 4’*8’ cardboard background and extensive costumes made from tin foil and hand-me-down clothes. We have managed to turn this performance into one of the best in the world and have now made it all the way to Tennessee after placing in the top three for both regionals and state.The majority of our time here has been spent trading pins and talking to people from other countries. I traded some of my pins for a Brazil jersey. Now we get to perform our skit and compete against other teams from everywhere including other states and countries. I have been doing D.I. since 3rd grade and love it. Every year we do better and now we have done the best. I am so happy. I have grown close to everyone on this team. I can’t wait. Nothing could be better.  

6 comments:

  1. What is D.I.? But it sounds like that was a pretty neat experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, but I want to know about D.I too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool description of Destination Imagination (D.I.)

    -Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  4. D.I. is the best! This was a nice reflection.

    ReplyDelete