Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mr. R. (slice 1)

Slice Number 1

Mr. R.


I've never even looked in this part of the library. I didn't even know it existed.  Mr. R. recommended it to me. I've barely talked to him, but it’s worth a try reading “Bone”. I find book one and run over to the librarian to check it out. I can tell by his face this is a good book. It seems that this happens every year. I go back to class and sit at my desk and start to read. The pages are thick and well worn. The binding is starting to crack. Immediately I’m enthralled. I've read comics before, but this one is different. The characters are fun, and there is more of a plot line than most. The rest of the day, I spent reading. I was hooked. I finished the whole nine book series in under a month and read more that year than all of my previous years combined. I read “Fourth World Omnibus”, “Kamandi” and the “Sub-Mariner”.

9 comments:

  1. I thought that this was a really awesome post because it sounded really cool and mysterious at first. I also really liked how you described the book!
    really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading memory. Sometimes we can see a book, & all those details come right back. Terrific description of a part of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice,
    I used to really like bone and finished in almost the same amount of time as you! Which one was your favorite? I think it is funny that you like "Fourth World Omnibus". I haven't read it but heard it was really good.
    -James

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your description of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great introduction that really got me hooked to your post. Your post left me wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read Bone, but I can totally picture the book. Great description and mystery. I also like the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your description of the book and the librarian at check out was really good! It kind of makes me want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was beautiful. You truly are a visionary. I cried.

    Very descriptive although i'm curious as to what the book was actually about.

    and i like your background

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice SOL. I loved the first part but to be totally honest I got confused at the end. But then I figured it out so never mind.
    Good job.
    -Anika
    P.S. I like your background too :)

    ReplyDelete