Saturday, March 21, 2015

If I was any character... (day 22)

If I was any character from anything, I would be The Swamp Thing. This obscure comic hero is an immortal, god-like tree that spends his time fighting evil while thinking about more important problems like racism, sexism, and climate change. This is the only hero I have found that  uses each encounter as a way to challenge ideas about society, as the difference between a monster and a human are blurred into one. If I was the Swamp Thing, I would just be able to confront problems on a much larger stage than just think about them at a mostly white, private school. This character also spends the majority of his time thinking, which is what I do. Overall, I would want to be the Swamp Thing because he mirrors my life in many ways on just a bigger stage.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the swamp thing before, but it sounds interesting! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a slice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually sounds like a really interesting comic character. What is it from?

    ReplyDelete