Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ramblings about why video games are ok (Day 15)

My parents always get upset when they see me playing video games. This is understandable, but really I don't see what the big deal is. At least they give you something to do and think about (instead of movies or TV shows). While I agree that video games are bad in large amounts, so is broccoli, and even water has been found to be poisonous in very large quantities. There are lots of advantages too. Action games increase your reaction time and allow you to multitask more efficiently. Other games challenge your spatial cognition and ability to solve puzzles faster. Video games are even now being used to help treat both dementia and Alzheimer's dizeaze. And all those studies saying that, "connections have been made between school shootings and video games" are bogus. They also said that reading about mature subjects was bad for adolescents. There have been scientific studies disproving this, and the only people that support this idea are people that have never played these games. So overall, I would like to point out that video games do have many benefits, and should not get any of the negative pr that they get. Also, while, you may learn things in games, if you never go outside, this is useless. Remember to comment, subscribe, and drink more hot chocolate.
image from:https://www.flickr.com/photos/ghoststorm/6642353203/in/photolist-b7XNc6-b7XKat-b7XRj6-b7XGJt-b7XPZc-aDL8yU-b7XCXV-b7XSU2-b7XFuV-b7XJ5M-b7XEc2-9SwKgJ-9S2PHk-aZJa9n-9S2PWk-aYzKEV-aYzGtc-aYzKde-aYzJrp-aYzJNz-aYzJ2M-aYzGNP-9S2Qk4-9S2PwD-dSL1mF-puWci5-cCJ9yf-cMD7sW-cKD1mL-d12Zdj-cQFWcs-9JnAoP-9JqqtC-aYzL4p-aYzLsV-aYzHGi-9S5JGq-9S1H5k-9S4Baq-d7NZtE-oXMsKc-dLZzWG-cwtrCC-dYf7GG-9RGBQW-aogcDt-9RDH9H-9JkA1E-aDAxVC-oXvVqe/

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'll have to show this to my parents. Did you do some research before you wrote this, or did you just have all this info in your head? :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a lot of very good points in this slice that get people thinking. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really agree with everything you said here. Nice slice Adrian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. My parents don't let me play a lot, but I'm pretty sure there was an article about how surrten games were good. I like this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should show them this!

      Everything in moderation, right?

      Delete
  5. You made a valid point, Adrian. You could be a video game salesman.

    ReplyDelete